The wrong letters problem[çeşmäni düzet]
Hello, in Turkmen Wikipedia some users use different letters like "ñ" instead of "ň" or "ÿ" instead of "ý". I think this is happening because they don't have the right keyboard. My Idea is that we put the Turkmen alphabet in Edit page to the crop toolbar, bottom of the page, were the Symbols are. Example the Azerbaijan Wikipedia, in the bottom of the Edit page is written
Seçmə latın hərfləri: Ə ə Ç ç Ğ ğ İ ı Ö ö Ş ş Ü ü
- Hello TayfunEt. Interesting discovery. I've asked a few people about this issue and your solution, that's why I'm responding a day later.
- The section of the Azerbaijani Wikipedia comes from az:MediaViki:Edittools. That page on the Turkmen Wikipedia is MediaWiki:Edittools. It's not protected so you can make the changes you want. I think that adding the Turkmen letters is useful.
- The use of "ñ" can be seen here (10) and the use of "ÿ" is this (2). The same search can be made for other similar but incorrect letters. Doesn't seem to be very difficult to fix manually. I'm on vacation right now, so I can only look at it when I come home later next week. Thanks. ~StyyxTalk? 10:49, 31 dekabr 2022 (UTC)
- Thanks for the Information! Don't worry we can work about this next weeks. And the page is under protection of vandalism, you need to help me there. My Idea is Something like:
Türkmen elipbiýi: A a B b Ç ç D d E e Ä ä F f G g H h I i J j Ž ž K k L l M m N n Ň ň O o Ö ö P p R r S s Ş ş T t U u Ü ü W w Y y Ý ý Z z
hello @Styyx as a local admin just want to let you know i've placed QD tag on several pages, unlike other wikis i didn't report it to meta i only did it locally, because you can handle them thanks. Sakura emad (gürleşme) 10:08, 31 dekabr 2022 (UTC)
- Hi Sakura emad. Thanks for the tags. I've deleted all of them. :) ~StyyxTalk? 10:52, 31 dekabr 2022 (UTC)
Can you update the article Ekşi sözlük, by adding that on February 21, 2023, access to the website was blocked in Turkey by the Information and Communication Technologies Authority of Turkey? Here are two websites from non-governmental and non-progovernmental sources in Turkish, which can be deciphered via a machine translator.
"BTK'den Ekşi Sözlük engeli!" (in Turkish). Cumhuriyet.com.tr. 2023-02-21. Retrieved 2023-02-21.
"Ekşi Sözlük hakkında erişimin engellenmesi kararı" (in Turkish). Gazeteduvar.com. 2023-02-21. Retrieved 2023-02-21.
Adding more Turkmen Content[çeşmäni düzet]
Hello @Styyx. I am Turkmen. I would like to add pages. How can I make it not look like spam? I created Ibabekir Bekdurdyyev Page but it had been deleted. He has been awarded by turkmen government and attended worldwide contests and conferences. I was researching more content on him. Meanwhile the page got deleted. I am also new to wiki-edits so I might have also made mistakes. Thank you for your help in advance. Vgarly (gürleşme) 02:41, 30 iýun 2023 (UTC)
- Hi Vgarly. Good to have native Turkmens editing here. I deleted Ibabekir Bekdurdyyev in May because it had no text at all (only the infobox), so not because I thought it was spam. To make a better article:
- You need to use sources, which you already did but not entirely correct. You need to place <ref>The source you are using</ref> right after the text. You can take Tesla as an example.
- Use an introduction section that generally has a first sentence that is similar to "Ybabekir Annadurdiýewiç Bekdurdyýew (name in other languages) is a Turkmen cue sports player."
- While the Turkmen Wikipedia doesn't have a lot of rules, I would still suggest using the Manual of Style of the English Wikipedia (MOS) and its subpages, which have many subsections on how to write articles. For example, this page of the MOS is for cue sports and might have something for you. Good luck and happy editing! Styyx (çekişme) 16:41, 14 iýul 2023 (UTC)
Template:Infobox airport[çeşmäni düzet]
Hello! I'm creating an article about airports but I can't create and edit because I don't understand Template:Infobox airport template, I need your help. Thank you! Allanur Talk? 18:17, 29 awgust 2023 (UTC)